Pets for children. Rodents.

Many parents have this kind of animal causes, to put it mildly, disgusted. But the kids just love hamsters, Guinea pigs, gray mice, and even rats. If no dog, no cat, no parrot, not even the fish you don’t want to have – agree, at least, a Guinea pig. It will be a true friend of your baby and will not require you too much time. For normal living Guinea pig will need only a small cage, feeder and drinker. Of course, it doesn’t give up other amenities, such as the beautiful house in which to sleep, and hide from danger. But in fact Guinea pigs love to move freely throughout the room. Keep in mind this point. Feeding rodents is not difficult. Even a small child will cope with this task. Guinea pigs love greens, fresh vegetables and fruits.

Kids get very attached to these animals. With them is always fun to play, because Guinea pigs are very friendly and require a lot of attention, otherwise they are just boring.

Play with a Guinea pig for the baby is absolutely safe. They do not bite and do not scratch, as very patient.

For your child you can also have a turtle, rabbit, pig, iguana or chameleon. The animal you choose – the rules remain timize. Take note of all the nuances associated with one or another pet. Consult with a psychologist – it will help to choose the animal that corresponds to the nature of the child. Consult your pediatrician – he will define degree of risk of various diseases that can cause Pets. And most importantly – keep in mind your baby’s desire and the degree of their readiness to acquire additional “child”.

Taking your family in another member – be prepared for the fact that your lifestyle will change. Strengthen security measures, not to have to look for an animal shelter outside your home:

– Do not leave children alone with Pets. Some of them definitely can be affected. Continue reading

Products and plants that are toxic to Pets.

Many foods and plants are safe and even healthy for people perhaps not so safe for Pets. Here’s a brief overview of such potentially hazardous to your Pets food.

I’m sure many know that the dangerous for Pets chocolate . In chocolate there are some components that are toxic to animals, and they are all connected with heart diseases and disease of the gastrointestinal tract. It depends on the amount of harmful ingredients, the more pure the chocolate, the more poisonous it is. If a big dog eats a little chocolate milk or chocolate chip cookies, the risk of poisoning is not great, because the animal itself is large and the amount of real chocolate in milk chocolate is not great. However, there is some risk of diarrhea and even vomiting. But if your little pet will eat dark chocolate, or even worse, chocolate cakes, then likely the animal will suffer severe and even potentially fatal consequences.

As a vet, I often encounter animals chocolate poisoning, but fortunately only some of the poisoning had resulted in serious consequences. I saw several dogs died after ate a box of chocolate candy. This is perhaps one of the most common cases encountered most often veterinarians small animals. And in most cases of poisoning, the owners gave chocolate to their Pets,but rather animals ate chocolate found themselves. So, please keep chocolates, drinks, pastries and more concentrated products out of reach from Pets – on high shelves, away from the edge of the table, in refrigerators, etc. Especially chocolate like dogs are, unlike cats. Continue reading

Animal diseases – a Common trouble for hunters and animals

While hunting for a wild animal people are not protected from their illnesses. Diseases transmitted to humans from wild animal, referred to as anthropozoonosis. People can get infected through contact with sick animals. There are a large number of diseases that can be earned when eating meat produced animal, and the majority of diseases from wild animals can get airborne and failure to observe basic rules of hygiene and safety. For example, after the bite of a wild animal can be infected with rabies. This is an acute infectious disease. The duration of the incubation period depends on the depth of the bite and the bite. If the bite was on the hand or leg, you need to check for infection of the CNS by the causative agent. Can last from 12 days to one year. In any suspected disease of wild and domestic animals, with strange and not appropriate behavior, trying to bite or already pokusava. All animals that had contact with the disease agent must be checked for infestation. Or destroyed to avoid an epidemic of the disease. Animals carry the disease for great distances, the disease can cause the death of many animals, both wild and domestic. The vector of the disease in the acute form die within 3 days. You must take care of their Pets by making them the necessary vaccinations. And if this situation arises that you or your dog bit garagenseite. Immediately all stop and take the animal to the vet, and yourself to the hospital for further treatment. Disinfect all the equipment after the hunt, take the dog to the vaccine and do the tests themselves. The disease incubation period may last for six months. Only rabies is not complete the list of transmissible diseases in wildlife. This list includes diseases such as brucellosis. This is a very dangerous disease, as it becomes chronic. Exposed to domestic and wild animals, adults and newborns. Gets the pathogen through food. You can eat a small piece of rabbit meat poorly cooked and infected by brucellosis. When brucite fever, the person throws, hot and cold, accompanied by delirium, severe sweating, and weakness throughout the body. Continue reading