Pets for children. Rodents.
Many parents have this kind of animal causes, to put it mildly, disgusted. But the kids just love hamsters, Guinea pigs, gray mice, and even rats. If no dog, no cat, no parrot, not even the fish you don’t want to have – agree, at least, a Guinea pig. It will be a true friend of your baby and will not require you too much time. For normal living Guinea pig will need only a small cage, feeder and drinker. Of course, it doesn’t give up other amenities, such as the beautiful house in which to sleep, and hide from danger. But in fact Guinea pigs love to move freely throughout the room. Keep in mind this point. Feeding rodents is not difficult. Even a small child will cope with this task. Guinea pigs love greens, fresh vegetables and fruits.
Kids get very attached to these animals. With them is always fun to play, because Guinea pigs are very friendly and require a lot of attention, otherwise they are just boring.
Play with a Guinea pig for the baby is absolutely safe. They do not bite and do not scratch, as very patient.
For your child you can also have a turtle, rabbit, pig, iguana or chameleon. The animal you choose – the rules remain timize. Take note of all the nuances associated with one or another pet. Consult with a psychologist – it will help to choose the animal that corresponds to the nature of the child. Consult your pediatrician – he will define degree of risk of various diseases that can cause Pets. And most importantly – keep in mind your baby’s desire and the degree of their readiness to acquire additional “child”.
Taking your family in another member – be prepared for the fact that your lifestyle will change. Strengthen security measures, not to have to look for an animal shelter outside your home:
– Do not leave children alone with Pets. Some of them definitely can be affected.
– Take full responsibility for the care of the pet, and the child must be your assistant. For example, it is responsible for feeding the fish or he has a walk with the dog once a day.
– The child should not have access to toilet animals, especially if it is very small. Likely to clean up after the pet only have you.
– Control the degree of “hugs” with the pet. As often as possible wash your hands.
– Be sure to check pet health, do all the necessary vaccinations.
– Set a good example. Remember that how your child will continue to relate to the pupil, depends on you. Children imitate adults. Teach your toddler to love and care for “brothers our smaller”. Believe me, you will never regret it!